The view from this mountain is truly magnificent. On the east are the Golan Heights, which look over the quiet Sea of Galilee and the Jordan depression along the Great Rift Valley. To the south is the little village of Nain, where Jesus raised the widow's son from the dead, and beyond that the hills of Samaria.

The story from scripture states:
"After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus."-- Matthew 17:1-3
Now can you imagine how shocked Peter, James, and John must have been when they awakened and saw Jesus' glory.
The true beauty of this transfiguration was that the disciples themselves were transfigured. Their eyes were opened to see the reality of their Master, Jesus Christ. In essence, the glory of Jesus was with them all the time, but they could not see His glory until God opened their eyes, their hearts, and their minds here on Mount Tabor.
In a similar way we also need God to transfigure not only our eyes but also our hearts, our minds, and our hands so that we can use them to be a blessing to others rather than to cause harm.
I thought it would be fitting to write about the story of the Transfiguration because yesterday was the feast of the Transfiguration of our Lord. Below is a personal poem I would like to share.
PROFOUND
I want to move the moonlight just a little bit
So that it would shine upon the peacefulness that is your face
And I will allow this peace to comfort me
For comfort is a luxury
And luxury is foreign
To the humble means with which I was assigned to live my life
And all the days of this humble existence
Shall be as serene as the lake
That lifted me as a lay
Breathing in the water
And soaking in the sultry air
The sight of You delivers me
To that quiet coveted space
And this moment devours me deeper
As you blend in with the colour of the Universe
The colour that is greatness
The greatness that is You
I want to move the moonlight just a little bit
So that it would shine upon the peacefulness that is your face
And I will allow this peace to comfort me
For comfort is a luxury
And luxury is foreign
To the humble means with which I was assigned to live my life
And all the days of this humble existence
Shall be as serene as the lake
That lifted me as a lay
Breathing in the water
And soaking in the sultry air
The sight of You delivers me
To that quiet coveted space
And this moment devours me deeper
As you blend in with the colour of the Universe
The colour that is greatness
The greatness that is You

No comments:
Post a Comment